Free Clive

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I should have been released one year ago today

I should have been released one year ago today, but certain politicians have succeeded in keeping me locked up in prison unlawfully.

Justice is not available to those in South Africa who are deemed to be “from the wrong political order”. Notwithstanding the price I have paid in prison time for being convicted of killing Chris Hani, I have been “left to rot in jail” by individual ANC politicians and some bureaucrats, who have taken it upon themselves to effectively block my parole by political means.

People from across the entire political spectrum, from far left to far right including scores of black and white prisoners, tell me that “everyone knows” I am being kept in prison regardless of the merits of my parole recommendation and that if I had been anyone else there would have been justice for me.

This parole was recommended by the parole board who recommended that I be released on 15 October 2008. Now, one year later, I am still in prison with little hope of being treated fairly.

Clive Derby-Lewis, 15 October 2009
Prison Number: 93623417
Pretoria Central Prison
Potgieter Street
0001, PRETORIA

No comments:

Post a Comment